Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Resting, Well Maybe :)

Monday was a much needed day off from running. I started lifting again after two weeks off and was sore on Tuesday. Also, swam 1 and 1/4 miles at the Y. It will be nice when the outdoor pool in Loudonville opens this weekend so I don't have to make the trip to Mansfield.

Tuesday, Kim Boner, Dan Bellinger and myself got together at MO for a 20 miler. We started at the Covered Bridge and ran the red/green loop. I was not hurting but I could tell that my legs were tired. I struggled to keep up but it was a nice day to be out on the trails!! Kim and Dan had a great run and Kim was an animal on those down hills!! Way to run!!! When I got home, I was to tired to lift so, I just did some core work.

Today, another much needed day off of running!! Lifted weights and back up to the Y for a swim. Felt pretty good in the water so I went 1 and 1/2 miles.

I think I have my summer racing figured out :) I plan on running Laurel Highland 100k on June 12th, pace at Mohican 100, the next weekend and run Burning River 100, the first of August. Oh, I forgot about the Buckeye Trail 50k in July. The key will be how well I can recover and not to over train. You know me, my OCD will kick in and I will want to train to hard without letting myself recover and rest!! I'll keep everyone informed on how that goes!!

No comments: