Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Routine

There is something to be said about being and staying in a routine, especially when you are alittle OCD like me! The past week and a half, I have definitely been out of my routine and it drives me crazy!! Finally, today, I felt like I had some rhyme and reason to my workouts.

All my workouts have been painfully, SLOW!! I know I have to be patient and things will eventually come around. At this point, I have no racing goals, so there is no reason to push things. Normally, I can run an 8:30 pace on the road for training, today I could only manage about 9:30-10:00 pace. I can usually swim a mile in about 32-35 min., today it took me 40 min. and as far as boot camp, I struggled the whole hour, having to stop often and having no drive!! Patience has to be my friend until I can get over this hump!!!!

It was 5am boot camp this morning followed by a 5.2 mile run on the road. It has been a long time since I have been out running on the road. It felt a lot better on my knee, I think because the surface was flat unlike the trails. After my run, I got in the pool and swam 1.25 miles with 150yd kick and 350yd pull. As I sit here this evening typing, my upper body is sore. Maybe I will just do a run tomorrow and give the arms a rest!!!!! However, as the famous saying goes, " There is no rest for the wicked!!!"

No comments: