Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Turning 50

Well, This past Saturday, October 2, I turned the big 5-0!! I'm not going to talk on the subject much because there is nothing I can do about it. I think I struggled with it more before the day actually arrived. It's hard for me to believe that I'm 50, I really don't feel like it, which is a good thing. Don't get me wrong, I do have my aches and pains but I can deal. When I was younger, I thought 50 was old, but I am counting my blessings that I am in better shape than most people my age. I look at most people my age and see how out of shape, fat and sick they actually are, some can hardly walk let alone run!! So, I am blessed to be in good health so I'm not going to complain :) As far as my running goes, I can still keep up with the best of them and I will continue to try no matter what my age is!!! I know I have slowed down but I think I have come to terms with it and I will continue to give it my all!!!!I have now entered the grand master group, which is a good thing, I guess :) Just another faze in my life and I welcome it :)

Now it's time to catch up on my training log.

Thrusday 9-30-10 11 miles at Mohican and core work afterwards.

Friday 10-1-10 Boot camp and 1.25 miles swim with a 300yd pull and 150 yd kick. No running. Keith and the Loudonville football team lost to Utica :( Not a good game for anyone :(

Saturday 10-2-10 The Big Birthday!! 11 miles at Mohican, 7 miles with Mark, my husband.

Sunday 10-3-10 Ran with Don B, Mark C, Rob P, Shannon F, Patrick F and Michelle B. It was a good 15 miler with good friends!

Monday 10-4-10 Starting to get cranky with this tapering :) Boot camp and 1.25 mile swim. No running.

Tuesday 10-5-10 8.75 miles on the road with ab work afterwards.

1 comment:

Nick Kopp said...

Dear Terri, You are the most hardcore "50 year old" that i know. Made me smile when I read your comment about other fifty year olds slugging around and being completely unhealthy...

The day u slow down is the day the world ends. lol.

Good luck with the 100 miler. Still dont know how u do it...