Thursday, June 10, 2010

OH, MY!!!!!




To be young again! To not really care what others think, how you look and to have a fun and care free summer!! It must be nice!! With that being said, yesterday morning, I was downstairs when my youngest son, Keith came home from summer football. I didn't pay much attention to what he was doing until I went upstairs and faced a stranger in my house!! It was Keith, but with a very different haircut!! After practice, some of the guys got together and gave each other mohawks!! Yes, my son was one of them!! My eyes about popped out of my head!! I couldn't believe it!! His beautiful blond hair was gone!! Thank goodness it is just hair and to be truthful about it, he looks pretty good!! I think he looks older and much more muscular!! The funny thing is, the strip of hair on top is dark!! As I said before, to be young again!!!!


I, on the other hand, didn't run yesterday!! I'm trying to be a good girl and taper the correct way, if tha's possible!! LOL I only lifted weights and was about out of my mind by evening!!




Today, my husband, Mark and myself ran a wet and wild one at MO. We dropped a car off at the CB and drove to rock point. Since he has never been on that part of the trail and he will be pacing me at that point of MO 100, I thought it would be a good idea for him to get familiar with the trail. All was good in the beginning, some mud, but not as bad as I thought. We came to the first stream crossing on that section, which is normally just a little trickle and you almost never get your feet wet. Well, let me tell you, it was a roaring river today and was thigh deep. Got through that ok and hit the next stream crossing that was also fairly deep! We continues on, then I heard a holler with curse words and there laid Mark on the ground!! He tripped and fell on his shoulder and his knee hit a stone. When he got up there was blood pouring down his knee!! He ripped the skin right off his kneecap!! It was an ugly sight!! We walked until the bleeding stopped and then continued on our way. We ended up running 10.5 miles and rinsed off in the river afterwards. As for poor Mark, he is rather sore but I think he will live!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's hope for a very dry race day, MO is a beast when wet and muddy!