Friday, March 18, 2011

One Of Those Days.....................

We all have one of those days when things are just not quite right!!

Well, today, that was me!! Nothing really went wrong and everybody is fine and healthy but it just was a struggle all day long!!!!

It started last night by having trouble sleeping and then waking up tired!! I forced myself to get up around 7am so I could get my run in before Keith had to leave for school. I got a quick 5 miles in on the road at a fairly quick pace. I forgot to look at my watch so I have no idea how fast but then it really doesn't matter. Did some core work and then pushed Keith out the door!!

I should feel better than this with the sun and warm weather but I was tired, unmotivated and sluggish!! Plus, I had no appetite and my stomach was a little upset!! To tell you the truth, I think a lot of it has to do with the PMS/pre-menopause issue!! I guess it is just something women have to live with as we get old!!! All I can say on the subject is, I'm glad I'm in good shape or it might be alot worse!!

Made it to the Y and into the pool!! Swam 1.25 miles with 450yd pull but it felt like I was swimming in thick mud!! Slow and Sluggish!!!

On to the bike!! A 45 min. spin class in a room that felt like a sauna was not fun!! The class was not a difficult one and I didn't ride hard but it was very, very warm to the point I felt like I was going to pass out!!! I guess the Y doesn't know how to adjust the heat when it get's warm outside!! I think I lost every drop of water in my body!!!

If I didn't feel good before spin class, I felt even worse after!! Went to Wal-Mart and wondered around in a fog picking up things I needed and didn't need!!! Came home and flopped on the bed for the rest of the evening with pizza for super!!!!

It was just one of those days.............

p.s. Good luck to Kyle, who will be running at Muskingum for their first outdoor meet of the season!! Go Battling Bishops!!!!!!

No comments: