Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring With Some Extra Sleep

What a beautiful day!!! A great day to be out on the trails at Mohican!!!

All week, Keith has been able to sleep in and not go to school until 10am( a two hour delay). The freshman and sophmores are taking the OGT so the juniors and seniors get to sleep in!! Keith has been fighting a cold all week so it has been nice for him to get some extra sleep!!

It has also been nice for ME to get some extra sleep, since I have started my tapering for Umstead. I was out on the trails at about 10:30am for a nice, easy 6.5 mile run. There was a chill to the air but it sure felt like spring!! The sun was out, the birds were chirpping and the smell of newness and freshness was in the air!! You gotta love it!! After my run, I lifted and then, I was done for the day!!!

Since the tapering has started this week, I have noticed that I have been very tired and unmotivated :( I have come to the conclusion that my body is just trying to relax and rest it's self after the heavy miles that I have put in in the last couple of months. It seems like all I want to do is eat, lay around and become a couch potatoe!! I'm trying not to freak out about it but instead I'm trying to embrace it and enjoy!!!!! Wish me luck :)

We had some really good news on the track today!! Keith had a time trial and ran a 54.8 in the 400!! I'm very excited for him and he seems to be on cloud nine!! This is where he left off last year so hopefully in a week and a half he'll be ready to go for his first meet!! He is much stronger and is getting older so with a little more conditioning, he will hopefully have a good season!!!

No comments: