Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Loudonville Street Fair

Today the Loudonville Street Fair started and will run through Saturday. If you have never been to the fair you should try to come. It a great time for everyone. I have been going since I was a little girl. I showed market steers and hogs there growing up and passed it on to my boys when they were old enough. Sports eventually got in the way and by the time they were in HS they stopped showing. Two years ago, Keith got Grand Champion Market Hog. We had to keep our animals at someone's farm so it was a real hassle but always fun! I always count on gaining a couple of pounds when the fair rolls around. Hopefully, it won't hurt my marathon on Sunday. Even saw Joe and Dawn Crawford and their son tonight! Maybe I'll see you there, too!!!!!!

In the paper last week there was a poem/song that sums it up for us folks here in Loudonville.


Street Fair Song by Rev. J. H. Kuhlman

I'm going back to Loudonville
I'm going back to stay,
Where beauty blazons ev'ry hill,
And glory crowns the day.
Walhounding's valley beckons me,
'Tis time that I should start '
Where flows Mohican towards the sea.
Where beats Ohio's heart,
I'm going back to Loudonville,
I'm going with a smile;
Of other towns I've had my fill,
No matter what their style,
Here let the great world thunder by,
With all her arts and ills,
I've found, I've wot, my beauty spot
Mid Ashland County"s hills.
I'm going back to Loudonville,
To see her famous fair,
Than which there is, for throngs and thrill,
No greater anywhere.
The big balloon is going up,
The parachutes come down
Oh, what a treat, where thousands meet,
And boy, Oh, whata town!
I'm going back to Loudonville,
Beneath October skies;
The band is out, the barkers shout,
and hot dog odors rise,
"Hold everything"- Oh, what a thrill -
Make way for me, make way!
I'm going back to Loudonville, I'm going back to stay!


I ran 6.5 miles on the trails and it was such a beautiful morning. Came home and lifted weights. Gave the dog a bath, cleaned three bathrooms and did laundry. Went to the fair this evening and ate pizza and lerch's donuts!!!!!!

No comments: