Sunday, October 11, 2009

Towpath Marathon

I ran the Towpath Marathon this morning and am somewhat pleased with my performance, although it could have been better. The Towpath is a bike path minus the pavement in the Cuyahoga Valley Nation Park, so it was easier on the joints and legs. I am however, pretty sore and stiff. I don't know if it was the distance, pace or plain old age, I did however, finish. I ran 3 hrs 17min 23 sec and placed 2nd overall female. I was on a 3:15 pace until the last couple of miles but just couldn't hang on. I was running 5th for the women until about the half way point and then slowly started to pass the other women. At mile 20, I passed the 2nd place woman and was gaining on the first place woman until those last couple of miles. She only finished about a minute ahead of me, I just couldn't get her:( I fell in pace with a man and woman(she ended up third) at the very beginning of the race and it was a big help because we kept pushing each other! A big thanks to the two of them and I will get their names when the results come out. I need to try and train for those last two miles in the marathon, they always get me. If anyone has any ideas let me know. If it is not to late to get into the Columbus Marathon, I am planning to run it as an easy training run. The following week will be Run With Scissors 52+ miles on the trail. Hopefully, I can survive without an injury.
Good job to David Peterman, Ron Ross and Roy Heger who also ran today!!

Tomorrow, will be a easy swim at the Y, if I can get out of bed. LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terri,
Congrats on a job well done....I ran too and it was warmer than this freeze-baby thought it would be. Went out way to fast, I thought towpath was flat. Haven't run it in three years. Felt great the first 14 but pace slowed to a crawl the last 5 running dismal 3:47...damn, hoped for a sub 3:30...off to Run with Scissors now.

The Salty One said...

Hi! I just happened upon your blog. I finished just ahead of you on Sunday. You definitely had me scared at the last turn around. It was the only thing motivating me to the finish! Nice race!

Laura