Thursday, July 15, 2010

No Tapering For Me !!!!

Well, I guess the BT 50k this weekend will turn into a training run. I haven't let up at all this week. Right now, I'm so sore from the boot camp yesterday that I can barely walk without pain. My butt muscles, groin and quads are very, very sore!! Once I get warmed up I'm ok, but I don't know what will happen when I hit mile 20 during the race. I put in 12 miles today in two different runs. I ran 5.5 this morning on the trails at MO and then this evening, I went back out to MO and met up with runners from the Mansfield Y run club. Don Buan, Mike Keller, Michelle Bichsel, Kay Hunt, Wayne Snyder, Don Conrad and two runners I didn't know, had an enjoyable 6.5 miles, in the heat, of course!! The ice cream at the Perrysville dairy helped cool everyone down!! AND of course, I lifted weights between runs!! I plan on taking it easy tomorrow, doing only the boot camp class. I will then head up to Cuyahoga Falls in the evening, to stay with my son before the race on Saturday. It will be nice to spend some time with the oldest :) I hope to run close to a 6 hr run but with warm weather and no rest it might be hard. Whatever happens, happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: