Friday, July 30, 2010

Wearing Down, Just a Little

The last couple of days, I have been tired, well, I guess I feel tired most of the time, but lately I'm feeling pretty wrung out! I think it is a combination of things. Not much sleep, adding boot camp to my workout, plus 70 miles weeks, weight lifting, swimming, and then of course life in general! I know I should eliminate something but my OCD kicks in and I start to panick. I talked to the boot camp instructor today, and he told me I should not be lifting, but I have worked to hard not to continue. I will however, trust him for a week or two and see if I lose any strength. That might help some. Usually my weeks have been looking like this.. Sunday-long run and lift, Monday-boot camp, run and swim, Tuesday-long run and lift, Wednesday-boot camp, run and swim, Thrusday-two runs, am and pm and lift, Friday-boot camp, run and swim and Saturday- long run. Do you think I'm over doing it??? I Don't but I probably am!! I just don't want to take anything out of my schedule.

Yesterday, Thrusday - I ran 6.5 miles in the morning, lifted weights and then met the Mansfield Y run club at MO for another 6 miles. It's always such a relaxed, fun time running with the group!

Today, Friday - Boot camp with alot of jumping rope, kicks and push-ups, 7 mile run and 1 and 1/4 mile swim with 300yd pull and 150yd kick.

Before I end, I just wanted to wish all the runners who will be running Burning River 100, Good Luck!! I will be working the other side this time, at mile 80, which is the covered bridge aid station! It should be a good day!!

No comments: