Friday, September 17, 2010

A Quick Post

I only have a couple of minutes before we leave for Keith's football game at Danville. Best of luck, Keith and please boys stay safe!!

I have tried to taper this week, but I don't think I feel anymore rested than if I would have put in 90 miles for the week! However, with YUT-C 50k tomorrow, I will have alittle over 70 miles in for the week, so maybe it wasn't that great of a taper :) But, hey, I tried!!

Yesterday, I ran 10.5 miles on the trails after the rain went through and then swam a mile.

Today, I got up for boot camp, which wasn't very tough for a change (thank you, Chris), got Keith out the door for school and then went back to bed for about 2 hrs!! At least I can say I'm not sleepy :)

Tomorrow, I will run YUT-C 50k in Youngstown. I'm nervous because I would really like to have a good race for a change but I don't know if that will happen. I just can't compete with those youngins anymore. My goal is to win the masters age group and try to run between a 5:15-5:30 without killing myself!! I'll just have to see what unfolds during the race!!!

I don't have time right now to write on the subject of Kyle, who has been stuggling with his running :( More to come on that subject!!

Until the next time...................

1 comment:

Trailrunner402 said...

Dear Terri --

Neat to read your concerns on this blog and your goal to win the masters, and then to see that you TOOK the lead at YUT-C! Way to go!

Lisa