Wednesday, November 4, 2009

First Snow of the Season

Got up and out the door by 8:30 this morning without paying attention to what the weather was doing. Had on tights, a long sleeve shirt and glooves. I decided that I would be tough and not wear a hat or head band which was a big mistake. About a mile and a half into my run, I noticed it was starting to snow, but no big deal, I have ran in snow before! It started to snow harder and harder and it was that big, flake, wet snow that feels like rain. I couldn't believe it! The longer I ran, the more it started to snow and the wetter and colder I got! I think I looked like a snowman running down the road because the snow was sticking to me, my ears were freezing and my nose probably was fire engine red! I even had on my new road shoes that were delivered yesterday, so they got wet, which really pissed me off! So much for keeping my new shoes clean and dry! The other bad thing was, I had left our dog, Rollo, outside and he was soaked by the time I got back. Poor thing, I kind of felt sorry for him! Not only did I get wet and cold running, but I felt horrible! My legs were tired and I tried a heel lift in my right shoe that the foot Dr. wanted me to try, BIG MISTAKE!!! I had to stop and take it out at about mile 2 because it was making me feel unbalanced and my right leg was hurting. Maybe I have to just get use to it, don't really want to find out. I have enought problems with injuries without adding to them! Anyway, ended up with 6.5 miles, lifted weights and swam a mile and a half. I then went to Sam's Club to shop and spend money!!

Yesterday, I ran 7 miles and felt a heck of a lot better than today. Did weight lifting and then cleaned all the wood floors in the house. I need to start tapering for Sunday. I have never ran a marathon on the trails so I have no idea how to run it or what type of pace I should shoot for. I guess, I'll just go with the flow!!!

No comments: