Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Last Game




It's was sad yesterday, seeing Corey walk off of the field for the last time. My, how the last four years have flow by! Marietta played Mt. Union and got crushed 56-0. Corey had 6 tackles and left his heart and soul on the field for the last time. He will be lost for awhile but he is structured enough that will set up a routine to keep him going. He wants to continue lifting and would like to run a half marathon this spring or sooner. We were thinking about the Athens half since it is close to Marietta. Of course, I will be right by his side. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Thrusday will be his 22nd birthday. He has grown into a fine young man and I am so proud!!

Kyle had a good day running at Rose-Hulman in Terre Haute, IN. OWU run in the NCAA Division III Great Lakes Regional Championship meet, placing 6th out 36 teams and only 30 pts away from going to Nationals. Kyle was fourth for the team and 62nd out of 248 runners with a time of 27:2 for the 8k course.He said that the course was tough and the times were slow in general. Kyle also recieved acedemic all-american for the region. I am so proud of him!!! He was ready for C-C to be over so he could start running track, which is his true love. He loves to run fast unlike his mother. LOL

Yesterday, I got in 6 miles and did a short lift and today, I did 16 miles on the trail and another short lift. My hamstring is still bothering me, but the longer I run the better it feels. I think I will just run easy for the next week or so and hopefully it will work itself out. The price you pay for getting older!!

No comments: