Monday, November 16, 2009

Hamstring Trouble??

What the #%@#, I have finally got over this pinched nerve thing in the back, now my right hamstring is really bothering me. For the last couple of weeks, I have been trying to ignore it but it is getting worse. Yesterday, on the trails, I could feel it pulling the whole time but since I was on a soft surface, I figured I would be ok. I had alittle trouble sleeping last night because it ached. This morning when I got up, it was very tight, but as I moved around and got Keith's breakfast it loosened a bit. Decided I would go ahead and run a short five and see what would happen. At first, it was painful and tight and I know I was running with a limp. The longer I ran, however, it started to loosen up. Right now it's justs aches and really pissing me off. The price I pay for running too much at my old age.LOL I did get in a slow 5 miles, lifted weights and swam a mile and a half with 14 x 25yd sprints, 4 x 50yd sprints and 500yd pull. The swimming didn't bother my hamstring at all. I did ice it after I got home from the Y and plan to ice it before bed. Hopefully, it's not going to be a big deal!!

2 comments:

Don: said...

Terri have you used a heating pad to warm the area so to get some good stretching of the muscle.
The gristle in older people doesn't allow for much flexibility. lol

4-EVER RUNNING said...

Thanks for the advise on us old people. I guess you would know all about that!!! LOL