Monday, November 23, 2009

A New Lifting Workout


Kyle and his beloved dog, Rollo.


Got up this morning around 7 am and got Keith out the door to school. Then, I went out for what I thought would be a 7 mile run but it turned into 8. My stupid hamstring was bothering me again, for what reason , I don't know but I'm getting tired of it!! When I got back, Kyle was waiting on me to show me this new lifting program the OWU middle distance runners have been doing. The purpose is to build up lactic acid as you would in a race. You lift light weight for 20 sec. and then off for 10 sec. anywhere from 4 to 6 sets. It doesn't matter how many reps you do as long as you lift as quickly as you can and keep everything controlled. By the end of the session, I was trashed and couldn't even lift my arms above my head. It included bench, flies, shoulder press with DB, incline bench with DB, reverse flies, DB rows, DB lat raises and abs. It went very quick and took only 30 min. but real intense. After that, I managed to get in a mile and a half swim but my arms were extremely tired. It will be interesting to see if I'm sore in the morning.


Can't wait for Corey to come home tomorrow so we will be all under the same roof for a couple of days:)

No comments: