Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Good Day All Around




It was such a gorgeous morning, I couldn't resist to go to Mohican and run on the trails. I started at the Covered bridge and ran to the Firetower and then back to the Covered Bridge on the bike trail. The trails are in exellent condition at this point! That gave me about 7 miles and thank goodness I felt better than yesterday!! My legs didn't feel quite as tired so a couple more days of easy running should have them in pretty good shape for the PR 50k. I hope!!!!!! Got home and lifted weights.

Tonight was the Loudonville Track Invitational and the Loudonville boys won for the second year in a row! Keith had a fairly good meet, even though he has been having trouble with his foot. He placed 6th in the 400 with a PR of 55.4, second place in the 4x100, 4x200 and 4x400. His foot seems to be sore but he didn't make it any worse by running on it. I could tell he was a little off tonight but I think his times will drop again once he has a couple more hard workouts. I'm very proud of the way he is running and the best part of it, is, he seems to really be enjoying him self. Out of all three of my boys, he is the social one! Keith loves to be with his friends!!

The pictures above are of Keith before the meet and the 4x400 team - left from right - Nick Kopp, Luke Weber, Keith Lemke and Bryan Derr

No comments: