Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Trying To Taper



The above pictures are of Keith this last Saturday at the West Holmes Invitational. He took the ACT in the morning and was not able to run all of his events. He got to the meet in time to run the 4x100, open 400 and the 4x400. His foot had been bothering him, plus the mental strain of the test that morning caused his times to be slower then the first meet. He still was able to run 56.7 for the open 400!! After the meet, his foot was bothering him to the point he couldn't run. On Monday, I took him to the Dr. and they did an x-ray but nothing showed up! If it is a stress fracture, it won't show up until the healing process starts. He didn't run at yesterday's meet but will run tomorrow at the Loudonville Invitational. I'm alittle nervous because if it is a stress fracture, running on it will only make it worse :( I'll just keep my fingers crossed and say a prayer!! What is up with the Lemke feet! First Kyle, then Keith and all I can say is it had better not hit me!!!!!

This week is a taper week for me, as I will be running in the Forget The PR 50k on Sunday, here at Mohican. I'm nervous because of the big miles I have been putting in the last couple of weeks. My legs are tired so I hope I am resting enough inorder to run a respectful race and time!! After last Sunday's half marathon, I took Monday off of running and swam a mile and a fourth with a 45 minute spinning class. Tuesday, I ran 6.5 miles on the road and lifted weights. Today(Wednesday), I ran 5.5 miles on the trails(felt horrid) and swam one and a fourth miles that included pulling and kicking.

No comments: