Monday, November 15, 2010

50 Miles In Two Days

Friday Nov. 12, 2010 - 6am boot camp followed with a 1.25 mile swim. No running so I could be a bad ass on Saturday!!

Saturday Nov. 13, 2010 - Wild Bill's Bad Ass 50k - 7th overall, 2nd female with a time of 5:22.40. The FA consisted of 6 laps of the famous Perkins loop in CVNP. I felt horrible the first lap :( Really didn't want to run and I felt sluggish and heavy so the first lap was way slow. After I got going, things started to get better!! The more laps I completed, the fast I got! At the end, I didn't even feel like I was pushing myself and I think I could have ran faster!! I wish all my 50k's felt that way!! It was nice not killing myself :) It was really fun running with and seeing alot of my running friends!!! A special thanks to Bill Wagner and Chef Bill Bailey for putting on a great FA!!

Sunday Nov. 14, 2010 - Ran a 20 miler with Michael Patton, Don Baun, Mitch Myers and Michelle Bichsel at Mohican. We ran the bike trail in the opposite direction, which is part of the trail that I don't run much. It was a nice change of pace!! Michael and Mitch headed to the bridle trail and then to the purple loop while Don, Michelle and myself went straight down to the covered bridge, down along the river and then back up onto the bike trail by the way of the short loop!! (I hope that makes sense!!) My leg were tired and I was hungry most of the run but it ended up being a pretty good run!! Thanks, everyone!!

Monday Nov. 15, 2010 - Skipped boot camp this morning :( Way to tired!! Made it to the Y for a 45 min. spin class and then a 1 mile swim. Thought about resting the whole day but just couldn't do it!!! LOL I did however, take the day off from running because tomorrow will be another 20 miler at MO!!!

No comments: