Thursday, November 18, 2010

Cold and Rainy Runs

I very much dislike running in the rain but I hate running in the rain in 40 degree weather!!! That is the way it has been most of the week with the exception of a treadmill run. There is nothing worst than running in the cold rain and freezing during the run and after. It usually takes me all afternoon to warm back up!!!

Tuesday 11-16-10 20 miles at Mo with Don Baun, Tom Patton and Cheryl. We ran the red/green loop and stayed together until we reached rock point. Don and I decided to pick up the pace a bit and just as we left RP, it started to rain! The last 10 miles were pretty miserable but we got it done!! Thanks Don for making a not so pleasant run, bearable :)

Wednesday 11-17-10
6am boot camp
6 miles on the treadmill - 1 mile warm-up, 4 miles of 1 and 2 minute pick-ups, all under 8 minute pace, 1 mile warm-down
1.25 mile swim that included 500yd pull
45 min. spinning class

Thrusday 11-18-10 Got a late start this morning and because of that, I ran in a cold, damp drizzle. Ran 10 miles on the road. It has been a long time since I ran that far on the road and on tired legs, I was amazed at how well I felt!! Weights after my run :) Now it is time to get ready for the Loudonville sports banquet!!

No comments: