Thursday, January 27, 2011

More Snowy Trails

The plan was to meet Mark Carroll this morning and do a long run at MO. Unfortunately, Mark had to cancel, so I was on my own. I was in no big hurry to get started since I was still tired from yesterday's run, so around 10am I headed out the door.

I really didn't have any plans on where to run or how far, but I did want at least 10 miles on the snow covered trails. I hope that all this slow trudging in the snow will have it's benefits come this spring. I started out at the old PR start/finish and headed onto the orange loop. The first 5-8 miles were not too bad since the snow has been trampled down alittle. After that, my legs started to scream at me and it seemed like the snow was getting deeper with no tracks to follow except those that were made by the little wild creatures! Running was pretty difficult between miles 9-11. No tracks to follow, just alot of snow to plow through!!! From the CB back to campground A was easy sailing, running on mostly backed down snow but I was TIRED!!! Total of 16 miles and at this point, I should hit around 90 miles for the week :)

If running 16 miles in the snow wasn't enough, I decided to lift weights when I got home! I didn't have much strength but I at least I went through the motions!!

Can't wait for spring and warmer weather :)

No comments: