Friday, January 28, 2011

2 Hour Delay

Woke up this morning to about 1-2 inches of snow which made the roads icy. The local tv channel indicated that the Loudonville-Perrysville schools were on a two hour delay. Good for Keith to be able to sleep in but also good for me too!! I should have got up for a run but instead I decided to take a two hour delay also and went back to sleep!!!

Two hours later, Keith was off to school and I was off for a run on the road. Planned on only doing 6 miles but once I go started and was feeling good, I kept on going for an 8 miler!!! I think by running in the snow on the trails for the last couple days, made my legs feel light on the roads!! Maybe, all this hard work trudging in the snow will pay off!!!

I didn't have time to get to spin class but I did make to the Y for a swim. Swam 1.25 miles and that also felt good. I need to try harder to get more cross training in in order to help my running.

Corey came home for the weekend so that means extra cooking and more laundry. Luck me!!!!!

Looking forward to the weekend with two PR training runs :) Hopefully, I'll be able to get in 20+ miles both days!!!

No comments: