Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mixing Things Up

I tried something a little different this morning. Got up at 4am and drove to Mansfield, where I do my boot camp class, and tried running before the class. It was dark and of course, humid but I wanted to see if my run would be better before class then after. I also wanted to see how I would feel in class after running. The run went well, but I only had time to get in 6.25 miles. I was nice and warmed up for class, which was a plus!! I should have went back out to get more miles in after class, but I was kind of pressed for time because Keith had a football scrimmage. I swam 1.25 miles in the pool with very tired arms. I think that swimming right after class didn't give my arms a break which I normally have when I run after class. I think I'll try it again on Friday and see what happens!! I do need to get in more miles on those days, so I'll either get up earlier or run before and after class. I know, my OCD is kicking in!! LOL

Keith and the Loudonville Redbird football team had their first scrimmage at home today. I think they ended up winning! For me, a scrimmage is hard to follow because they are not in their game uniforms and players are being rotated in and out all the time. Keith had a good day, intercepting the ball on the first play of the game, two touchdowns and quite a few tackles. I know it was only a scrimmage, but everyone was looking good!!

No comments: