Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Mt. Jeez

Today, it was hard for me to get up and didn't get out the door until 8:00am. I drove to Malabar Farm to do some trail running and hill repeats. There is a hill called Mt. Jeez, that is a half of a mile to the top. There is actually three climbs on the way to the top but once you get up there, it is a beautiful sight! My goal was to make it to the top as fast as I could without walking! I did that, plus!! I did the hill 6 times and each time was faster than the last. I recovered on the way down the hill except for the last 2 times, which I tried to push myself. Once at the bottom, I stopped long enough to get a drink and then back up!! It was a good workout except for the heat and humidity. I'm really getting tired of being soaking wet everytime I run!! I did a 2 mile warm-up and a 2 mile warm-down, for a total of 10.5 miles. When I got home, I benched, incline bench, decline bench, inverted row on the bar and abs on the stability ball. Tomorrow , the plan is to get up and try to run before boot camp which will be around 4am. I'll try it and see what happens!!!

No comments: