Tuesday, August 24, 2010

OH, MY !!!

When I woke up this morning, my body was so sore, I could hardly get out of bed!! With the combination of a half marathon, a 20 miler, boot camp, 6.2 mile run and a 1 mile swim, which I haven't swam in about 10 days, all in three days, finally caught up to me! My poor body was rebelling and the thought of taking a day off was very appealing. After I was up for about a 1/2 hr. and 15 min. in the hot tub, I decided a run was in order. I stayed on the roads and told myself the run could be a slow as I wanted. I started out with 9 min miles but the longer I ran the better I felt. For all of you who know me, that meant I could and would run longer! Ended up with 10.5 miles and running about 7:50 min miles at the end. For feeling so bad when I first got up, I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome :) Did some core work after my run and took a refreshing ice bath!!
Boot camp time has changed from 6am to 5am starting tomorrow ;( That means I need to get up at 4am and should try to be in bed by 10pm. I got to bed early last night and I think that really helped my run today! We shall see??

Tomorrow, Keith, my youngest, starts his Jr. yr. at Loudonville HS. Good luck to him and his teachers!!!

No comments: