Sunday, February 6, 2011

Road Running

In the last two days, I have put in quite a few miles on the road. It has been a long time since I have put in two long runs on the roads. Since I have found the trails and love running on them, road running has lost it's appeal!! Roads and this old body no longer agree with each other!! The trails are so much more forgiving and it seems like I can run many more miles on the trails then the roads. However, at this point, I need to try and get in more road miles in order to prepare for the Green Jewel 50k, which is all on the roads. It's like training for a road marathon. Both runs this weekend felt good but they weren't too fast :(

Saturday 2-5-11 12 miles on the roads which were still slippery from the ice and snow. Lifted weights. Went to see Kyle run at Otterbein College but that will be a whole post of it's own!! Coming soon!!!

Sunday 2-6-11 Planned on only doing 15 but I got in 20.1 miles :) The roads were in much better shape except for the back roads that I normally run. Laid around most of the afternoon and now it's Super Bowl time but it is no big deal to me. I'm just interested in who wins!!!!

No comments: