Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow and Cold!!




The first picture is all the snow we got last Saturday morning!
The second picture is the Alum Creek group run on Sunday, minus myself, taking the picture and David Huss, lost in Delaware!

OH, MY!!! Saturday morning we woke up to about 16 inches of snow! It's been a couple of years since we have gotten that much snow. Anyway, minus all the shoveling, it was very pretty and do I dare say fun!! I decided I would go out and explore in the morning on the roads, since we didn't have to go to Keith's track meet because it had been canceled the night before. I wore my screwed trail shoes and very slowly ran through calf high snow and ice. I did manage 6 miles and I'm sure people once again either thought I had lost my mind or were angry because I was in their way! To end my workout, I decided to lift. Kyle's track meet was still on at Capital University but only Mark went down because I have gotten to a point were I'm way to nervous to watch him run. I stayed at home and waited for Mark's call. It was a good call because Kyle won the 800m with a time of 1:57.4 and placed second with his 400m relay team. I think Kyle wanted to run faster in his 800 but like his mother, he has to be patient! Good things come to those who wait!!!

Sunday, I drove down to Alum Creek and ran with a new Central Ohio Trail Group. We ran the advanced mountain bike trail which was about a 6 mile loop. With the snow being above ankle deep, the first time around was pretty tough. By the time we got to the second and third time around, we had a pretty good path going. However, it was a very tough and slow going run! Trudging through the snow like that had me very tired and with each loop I prayed to God to get me through it! He did and along with die hards like Mark Carroll, Michael Patton, David Huss, Steve(sorry forget his last name) and myself we managed to do 20 miles. Man, was I trashed!!!! Last evening I took a nap and did absolutely nothing!! Not really sore just tired!! I was a very fun day meeting new runners and getting to run with familiar faces!!

Today, surprisingly I wasn't sore or tired! I managed 6.5 miles in 2 degree weather and actually felt pretty good :) Got a lift in and went to the Y for a mile and a half swim. Now, I'm trying to decided how I will get my miles in this week if we get all the snow they say is coming. I guess the treadmill and I will become good friends LOL

No comments: