Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine FA


Sunday, 2-14-10 - Ran the Valentine FA in Gambier, OH which is Kenyon College. Thanks to Kim Boner, who put on the run and had great trail markings and wonderful soup and cookies. However, because of the snow, I think runners decided to stay home so it ended up being Kim, Mark Carroll and myself. For the first 9.5 miles we ran on the trails that were covered in snow up to our calves.It was very hard going and we became very tired in a short period of time. In the first 100 yds., I was breathing so hard, I was afraid I wouldn't even make a mile! We ran when we could and hiked through the snow when it was up to our knees. By the time we got through the first 9 miles, I was so tired that I didn't want to do anymore, but my dear FRIEND, Mark, convinced me to keep going! We then decided to continue our run on the country roads around Kenyon College. We found a 5+ mile lope and ran it twice. Total for the day 20.5 miles. Don't get me wrong, we had a great time and figured that if we were by ourselves we wouldn't have gotten in the miles. Thanks, Kim and Mark! The run was suppose to be a marathon distance but 20 was good enough for me. However, I did find out later that Mark ran again later that night in order to get in his marathon! Good job, Mark, you are the WINNER!!


Monday, 2-15-10 - I was afraid that I would be tired from trudging in the snow on Sunday but actually I felt pretty good running. I ran an easy 8.5 on the roads that were dry and snow free :) Lifted weights and then called it quits for the day! I need to start swimming more but it seems like all the running in the snow has been really making me more tired then usual. I need to quit being a baby and suck it up!!!


Today, Tuesday, 2-16-10 - No school for Keith today because of about 5 more inches of snow that fell last night. Once again, the roads are covered with ice and snow :( I'm really getting sick of this!! Out the door for 6 miles, lifted weights and did abs. Late afternoon, I got on the treadmill and ran 6 more miles of farlek running. Total of 12 miles for the day. No swimming, again :( Maybe tomorrow unless we get more snow :(

No comments: