Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Is It Really Fall?

I can't believe this weather. The humidity is through the roof and when I got done running this morning it was like I jumped into a swimming pool. I was totally drenched in sweat like it was the middle of the summer! I have never really minded the heat but I can't stand the humidity!! The dear weatherman keeps saying that a front is moving in to cool things off, he had better not be wrong!! And for once we closed our pool before October, so I can't even enjoy a dip in our pool to cool off. Anyway, I ran 8 miles again this morning and decided to skip the weights and go straight to the Y. Swam a mile and a fourth and then went to spinning class for 45 min. I can still feel the soreness in my quads then standing up on the bike or it's because I am not riding as much as I did this spring?

I talked to my sister tonight, who is also a runner, and is doing the Akron Marathon on a relay team. A long story short, one of the girls on her relay team is sick so there is a chance I will be running the last leg for her team. Should be fun! I love not planning things and just jumping into races at the last minute, that way I don't have to think about it!

Tomorrow will be a two-a-day. I plan to run 5 in the morning, lift weights and then interval workout with the c-c team. Although things can always change! It's time to start getting on Keith to get ready for bed or it will be midnight before he makes it. He's my night owl!!!

No comments: