Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Weekend

I haven't blogged since Thrusday so I will start with Friday. Ran 8.1 miles, lifted weights and swam a mile and a half with 5x100yd sprints and 300yd pull. Friday night I am sorry to report that Keith and the Loudonville Redbird football team lost to Hillsdale 35-13. I'm not sure what happened but I guess we all have those down points in one's sport. I'm sure they will bounce back and be ready for the Danville Bluedevils this Friday which is our homecoming game. Keith will be taking Shelby Edmondson to the dance on Saturday. I will fill everyone in with all the details as the week goes on.

Saturday, I got up at 5 am to run since we were making a road trip to Powell, OH to see Kyle run in the GLAC Championship. Ran 6.5 miles. Kyle was injuried last C-C season so I was anxious to see how fast he could run an 8k. He ran a 27:18 placed 21st overall and was 8th for the team. OWU place second behind Oberlin. Kyle was fairly please with his run and so was I. He did want to be in the top seven for the team but there is always next week when they travel to Michigan. Between OWU's first runner and Kyle there was only a 40 second spread. Pretty good and I am so proud of Kyle!

Now on to today. I ran the Kokosing Odyssey 6 hr run near Kenyon College. It was a 5k loop on the trails. I did 11 laps with 20 min. to spare for 34 miles. It was a good run that was very pretty and well marked. I ran the first 50k in 5 hrs and then fell off the pace near the end. There was a couple really tough hills that took a toll on me. Overall, a good run!! My husband, Mark ran 5 laps for 15.5 and Don Baun ran 8 laps for 24.8 miles. Congrats to both! Not sore this evening just tired. Pictured below are Kim Boner, From Mt. Vernon, Mark, myself and Don.

No comments: