Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Weekend

The above picture is the relay team for the Akron Marathon that was held yesterday. Lf to Rt-me, sorry forget the next girls name, my sister Pam, Michelle and Shannon.

Let me first start with Friday. Ran 6 miles, lifted weights and swam a mile. Keith and the Loudonville Redbirds defeated Johnstown with a score of 20-0. This is the first time we have ever beat them in the 6 years that we have been in this conference. This is the first game that Keith started on defense and had 7 tackles. So right now he is playing both ways. It has been a long time since the football team has had a record of 3-2. Go Birds!!!!

After only about 2 hours of sleep, I got up at 3:30 am on Saturday to meet my sister for the relay at the Akron Marathon. I was to run the 5th which is the last leg but decided to run the 3rd and 4th leg also with my sister and Michelle so I could get a long run in. It was exciting to see the lead runners come through while Pam and I were waiting for our 2nd leg runner to come in. Pam's leg was 6.8 and we ran a nice pace. It was good to be able to run with her a chat because we don't see each other much. She is 2 years older than I am and is a piot and Physical Therapist. She has run quite a few marathons including the Great Wall of China Marathon. She also struggles with back issues and sometimes I wonder if it is a hereditary thing. I ran just a little bit with a girl named Michelle, who was our 4th runner. I tried to pick it up to about a 7:30 pace for the 2.5 miles of that 4th leg. Once she handed off to me, I wanted to run 7:00 pace for the 7.9 miles. I was able to do just that because I ran it in 56 minutes so it probably was a little over. I was happy that I could maintain that after running 9 miles before that.
Through out the entire race I saw a lot of people from our area. I talked to Bob Schroer while waiting for our 4 th runner to come in. He seemed real excited because he thought the team he was on would place in the old age group. LOL. Also saw Joe Crawford after the race and he ran a PR in the Marathon. Good job to everybody!!! Oh, I almost forgot, I would like to thank the young man who shared his chocolate milk with me at a little store right down town by the finish. We were both looking for the milk and there was only one pint left, so we split it. Thanks a ton whoever you are!! Warmed down a little bit and then had to get home, take a shower and go to Baldwin-Wallace to watch Corey play football. Mariatta lost 34-14. Corey had 6 tackles, made one extra point and missed the other. He had his bicep stepped on which was giving him some trouble but today it was only sore. Next week Mariatta plays the big, bad Capital University. Please, lord keep everyone safe!!!

Now, on to today. A group was meeting at Mohican, this morning for a 21 miler on the trails. I was planning on going but, since Fri. night and last night I didn't get much sleep, I hit the snooze button and went back to bed. I feel like a wimp and some what guilty but I was sooo tired! I did run 12 miles later on in the morning and went to the Y and swam a mile with 450yd pull. total 1 and 1/4 mile swim. Tomorrow, I hope to do a hill workout with the c-c team. Enough talking for now...........

No comments: