Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Intervals On The Track

I ran 5 miles this morning and did weights for my biceps that included things like curl with a bar and dumb bells, rows with the bar and dumb bells, incline curls, reverse curls, hammer curls, across chest curls and curls while my elbow is on my knee. I also did abs which included crunches a hundred different ways, russian twist with a 10lb weight and v-sit. In the afternoon, I joined the c-c team for an interval workout on the track. It was 2x400, 2x 800, 2x400 and 2x 100. They were tempo pace interval which is about 80% effort. The first 400's were at 90 secs. each, 800's were 3:16 and 3:17 and the last 4oo's were 91 and 92 secs. The 100's at the end were to be run like you were finishing a race. We did a mile warm-up and a mile warm-down. Total miles 6. For me, the pace was nice and relaxed and I tired to concentrate on form. It's been a long time since I have thought about my running form. I think as I have gotten older my form has suffered, mainly due to my back problems. I need to try and think about it more often! Total for the day-11 miles

No comments: