Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Special Friend

The above picture is Haley Young and myself before the home C-C meet this afternoon at Loudonville. Haley is a senior this year at Loudonville and has ran C-C and track all four years. I have trained some with her the past couple summers and I will show up every once in a while when the team does interval work to run with her. This year she has other teammates to push her but in the past I would try to help her with the speed stuff. Little did she know however, she would push me also! She is a great friend and runner! This year she is between third and fourth on the team and is the team captain. She runs in the 23's or 24's for a 5k. She has come a long way since the first time I ran with her a couple a years ago. I'm so proud of her!! She truely loves to run, has great determination and will and is a very hard worker. She will go far in life as she will with her running. I think that the longer distance races will be her true calling once out of school and college. This year her classmates voted her to be the senior homecoming attendant for their class. She was so excited and happy!!! She holds a special place in my heart and I will really miss her when she goes off to college next year.

As for my running, yesterday I ran 6 miles for a recovery run, lifted weights and swam a mile and a half with 450yd pull.

Today, I got in 8 miles, lifted weights and swam another mile and a half. Tomorrow, my plan is to do the same plus adding a spinning class. Until next time.............

No comments: