Saturday, January 23, 2010

Plodding Along!

Ran on the trails at Mohican this morning with my husband Mark, Kim Boner and David Huss. Ran 21 miles and had no trouble except there was alittle bit of everything covering the trails. Some ice, snow and mud made running for me alittle slow. I was afraid of going down and reinjuring myself, so I was cautious! Plus, I am getting old! LOL I did slip on a wooden bridge and went down but no harm done! I can tell I'm not in ultra shape because I'm pretty darn tired after only 21. It's going to take some work to get back too where I was this summer. I know, I have to be patient!! It was fun seeing David and his improvement from last spring is incredible!! He ran very well today, Good job, David!! While Kim and I were, struggling away, he was simpling flying!!!! I need to run a semi-long run tomorrow, but it's suppose to be windy and rainy. Don't know if it's a good idea or not to be on the trails in those conditions at this point in my training. We'll see! Plus, I know it will be a slow one!

Last night, Kyle ran at their home meet at OWU. He placed 3rd in the 500 with a time of 1:08.7 and his 4 x 400 placed first with a time of 3:26.7. Kyle's split for the 400 was 52 sec. He was not a happy camper because he didn't think he ran well and he wanted faster times. Maybe he just had an off day but I thaought he ran well for never racing a 500 before. I think he's alittle like his mother and is alittle OCD on his running! Can't be all bad :)

No comments: