Friday, January 22, 2010

The Urge To Sleep In

How nice it would have been to go back to bed after Keith left for school. I think the dark, cloudy,wet morning made me feel very tired. I knew, however, if I went back to bed, I would be mad at myself and the whole day would be shot to hell. So, I put on my running shoes and out the door I went! Once I got going I was fine and glad that I fought the urge of sleep. Ran 6 miles and did abs when I was done. Things are looking up for me! I'm not feeling the numbness or pain in my leg or back. The foot slap is still there but so much better :) No lifting today so after the ab workout, I headed to the Y. Swam a mile and a fourth and did a 45 minute spinning class. I didn't ride too hard because I didn't want my legs to be tired for the weekend of long runs!

This evening, my husband, Mark and myself will be going to OWU to watch Kyle run. OWU is having a home indoor track meet. They are changing it up alittle for Kyle, so he will be running the 500 instead of the 800 and the 4 x 400. The coaches told Kyle they wanted him to work on speed and since it is not a big meet, he is using it as a workout. He has already qualified in the 800 for the All-Ohio and Conference Meets so he is well on his way. Kyle is after the 800 record before he graduates from OWU so that gives him two years. He has big goals! I hope he reaches them!!

Yesterday, I ran 7 miles, lifted and swam a mile and a half.

No comments: