Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Rainy Day

When the alarm went off this morning, I could hear the rain hitting the window. I reset the alarm and rolled over to go back to dream land! When I woke up at 9:00(oh, my!) I could still hear the rain coming down hard but I knew I had to get up and get going, rain or not! I was suppose to meet Rob and Michelle at the covered bridge to run on the trails with them, but I knew after yesterday's 21 miles, I'd be tired. Also with rain on the way, I didn't know if running on wet, muddy would be the best thing for me to do at this point in my training. I decided instead to go out on the road in the pouring rain! By the time I got ready and believe me I took my time, the rain had reduced to a drizzle. I got in 11 slow miles and felt pretty good! I'm not sure why I can't pick up the pace alittle, maybe it has something to do with the foot slap that I'm still experiencing. Who knows? I'll just keep plugging away and maybe it will get better! Tomorrow, I have an appointment with the neromuscular massage therapist, so hopefully he can do his magic!! All in all, a good weekend:)

No comments: