Thursday, August 13, 2009

More MIles

Ended up running 11 miles today. I was tired when I got up at 6 am to pack Keith's lunch for football two-a-days. I really wanted to go back to bed because I DID NOT want to run. I knew however, that if I didn't go out then, I would be extremely upset with myself. SO, I stretched alittle laced up the good old running shoes and off I went. Really wanted to only run 6 to 8 miles but ended up doing more. The longer I ran the better I felt. I just wasn't into it today. I figured that I had to push myself even when I'm felling lazy and sluggish. I'm worried about Germantown 50k on the 22nd. I don't feel like I have put enough long miles in plus with this leg and back issue, I'm not sure if I'm ready. I guess i can just run and have fun.LOL I plan to run long on Saturday 20+ miles and then taper from there. Tomorrow I'm going to run with the Loudonville c-c team, probably around 8 miles.

After I ran, did tricep work with the weights. It included things like close-grip bench, tri kickbacks, skull crushers, dips, DB rows,incline tri. ect. also abs. I went to the Loudonville pool today instead of the Y. Swam 11/4 miles in cold water. I drove home quickly and took a long, hot shower.

The shopping trip with Kyle got canceled until Sunday. I'm glad because I wasn't in a shopping mood. Kyle is bringing some running teammates home tomorrow for a run. It will be good to see him. Time to clean some bathrooms. ugh!!

No comments: