Monday, August 31, 2009

Around Town

I have a course here in the big town of Loudonville, inwhich I circle the entire town for a 6 mile course. Keith left for school and I put on my running shoes after I stretched(I'm still old school and stretch before I run) and got 6 miles in. It was an easy run which was ok by me. Did my bicep and shoulder lifts plus abs and headed to the Y for a swim. Really didn't want to swim, getting lazy I guess, but once I was in the water I was ok. Did a mile and a fourth with 16 x 25yd sprints. It's been a couple of weeks since I have did anything fast in the pool so I'm sure I will feel it tomorrow. I need to start the spinning class at the Y that I did last winter. I haven't been on the bike for a couple of months so I had better get started. It's great cross-training! I would also like to try crossfit. It seems like some runners do this also and really like it. Oh, well, one can only do so much or at least that is what I am told. On the schedule tomorrow is Kyle's first C-C meet of the year at Kenyon. GO BISHOPS!! Also, Don Baun and his C-C teams travel to Crestveiw, GO BIRDS!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just say the word and I can show you some CrossFit stuff to do at home.It will make you a better runner provided you push yourself the CrossFit way.
Great job on the run.