Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tired, Sore and Stiff But Got It Done!

Woke up this morning about 6:00am but couldn't even image trying to get up and run. Reset the alarm for 8:00am and some how got my butt out of bed. I was stiff and sore from my fall yesterday. My right hip, ankle and the top of my foot were black and blue but not swollen but of course that didn't stop me. LOL After streching and rolling on the foam roller, I felt much better. Ran 10 miles but at snail pace. So slow the I am embarassed to say how slow but I got it done and not much back or leg pain. Maybe that fall did me good.!! I went up to the Y in the afternoon and swam 11/4 miles with some pulling and kicking. Then I was done for the day!!

Growing up my mom was a big gardener. She grew all kinds of veggies in her garden and would do a lot of canning in the summer. I always had to help her with the picking of the veggies and canning and hated it. Once I had a family, I came to realize why she did all that work. It's very healthly for you and in the winter it saves you money plus you have the fresh tasting vegetables. So I picked up her passion and do canning of my own. As a matter of fact, my kids will not eat vegetables out of a can or from a frozen bag from the store. I don't grow my vegetables but buy them from a farm in Wooster. Today, was the second time I canned green beans this summer and so far have canned 24 pints. A lot of work but well worth it! Thanks,Mom!

Congrats to all the runners who ran the BR100!!! My hat goes off to all of you!!!!!

No comments: